Montevideo 2017 FIRST TC Hosted by LACNIC and CERT.br
Montevideo (URY), 18th September, 2017
The First TC will be co-located LACNIC 28/ LACNOG 2017:
- There will be NO registration fee
- TC attendees will also be able to attend LACNIC 28 / LACNOG 2017 for FREE
- LACNIC is graciously waiving the Conference fee for anyone that also attends the TC
- The TC will be open for attendance by non FIRST´s members
- Coffee, tea, and lunch will be provided by the host
- Guest wireless Internet access and AC power will be provided to attendees
- Wireless registration instructions will be provided onsite
- Registration is open to members and non-members
- All attendees must register in the general event and also in the FIRST TC.
The public is exptected to be comprised of FIRST members, CSIRTs from the Latin American and Caribbean Region that are not members yet, plus network operators and security professionals from the LAC region.
Call for Speakers
We are seeking FIRST members interested in presenting during the TC. Some suggested topics are as follows:
- Case studies and lessons learned in incident handling
- Attacks detection, mitigation and remediation
- Network monitoring, situation awareness, etc.
- Attack trend updates (malware, bots, DDoS, etc.)
- DNS, IPv6 and routing security and best practices
- Digital forensics applied to incident handling
- Malware analysis, anti-virus evasion, etc.
- Security and Internet of Things
- Impact of data breaches, privacy and data protection regulation on incident handling
- Incident response tools, trends and security technologies
- Security awareness initiatives
- Other topics relevant to incident handling
Deadline: 21st of August.
For your submission, please provide the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brief Summary (Abstract)
- Presenter’s Name, Affiliation and short Bio
- Estimated Time ( 30 min – 45 min )